TRISTE INCURABILIS

With so little time left in the city that turned me into a woman, its a myriad of emotions that fill me today. I had heard people say they have a love-hate relationship with Delhi, never really quite understood the sentiment till now.

Next time I return to the city I will be married, a state of being as opposed to a state of mind like virginity. And how I perceive the city may change with my changing state of being. It has more to do with the people I have encountered in the 5 years of my stay here that made Delhi(How often your Re-volution has proven but E-volution Roll’d again back on itself in the tides of a civic insanity!.. Tennyson) so special.

The songs have come to me here. It is here that I have danced for myself. It is here that I have learnt to be true to myself even when I was unsure of who I am.

And now when I am moving into another beautiful city of my life, I can only hope that the season finale will be what one wishes for.

Sunshine, I love you
I always will
Can I be faithful until
We're together once again
Someday?
But summer days must come and go
And though we wish it so
Time won't wait for sighs
So summer left and so did we
We turned our backs to the sea
And said our sad goodbyes
Winter seemed so long and cold
I watched the hours grow old
And I think of you
Sunshine you're in my heart
All the time we are apart
Hope you're thinking too

Comments

passer by said…
whoa.. delhi would be touched by your kind words..

good luck pal..in the journey a forth..

must go..
when the sun goes down, shadow..
when bow string pulls,arrow
when new ones to make..memories
when creativity blossoms..drudgery

Popular posts from this blog

And when white moths were on the wing

Benimadhab Benimadhab

Dhobi ka Kutta!