The Customary Ramblings of Me!

It is just another day of the week. It's 9:20 in the morning and I am cozily perched on my bed, a hot cup of coffee is resting on my bedside table the grey steam of which is filling my room with aromas that awake the senses.
Morning is the best time to quietly sit and open oneself to the possibilities of the approaching day. But the beginning of the day is normally so rushed that one hardly has the time to to be philosophical about it. My mornings aren't rushed but even I can't be bothered to extrospect on a daily basis.
The last few months have been busy with regular classes leaving me only the weekends to sloth about.
We did manage to go on our vacation during the Christmas and New Years despite flight disruptions and it was a vacation in the true sense of the word. We relaxed and breathed fresh air by the caldera. The tranquility and solitude of Santorini was rejuvenating.
I also managed to complete an 800 page book that filled me up with a great sense of achievement!
Apart from the sheer beauty of nature, the food won my heart as well. The love with which food was served was a novel experience in itself. Gently coaxing us to finish the dessert that was served on the house to taking the time to know one's preferences and delivering the perfect meal. Do not mistake this for a Michelin starred restaurant- it did not have the impersonality of a corporation but warmth of hearth and home!
It is these little experiences that make vacations a success, something that we shall remember for years to come.
However being back in Dresden and to the realities of life are important as well. Everyday challenges of completing a task and planning the next, to find the drive to go through each day as well as to find a purpose all of which make life what it is- fun, unpredictable, disappointing, brilliant and hopeful.
Having completed 3 months of regular German classes I have come to realize that intellectualism and artistry are born out of leisure, mental if not temporal. The little I have, I have put to use. No, not in useful work but in self- improvement, to increase self worth and self love ( to the point of narcissism perhaps) and therefore have indulged in the learning of the Piano-forte! I feel positively Elizabethan writing this.
I must say, I am chugging along with learning a language and now an instrument without making too much of a mess, which has me truly believing that there really is no age limit to learning or gaining knowledge.
I am also starting to discover that I don't like a set routine of having to go to class everyday at the same time and wasting one of those beautiful, rare, gorgeous sunny days sitting in a room! Today is one of those days that fools you into believing that it's 10 in stead of -10 degrees C. But now I do not have the time to go out wandering into the wilderness of Dresden, now is the time to make some music while hoping the Deciduous trees outside my window will bear new leaves quite soon, that the sun will spirit away winter fleetly!

Comments

Kuntala said…
Congratulations Raka, on completing three months of your language course and for learning Piano. Nice to read a new post after a long time.....you have been missed.

Popular posts from this blog

And when white moths were on the wing

Benimadhab Benimadhab

Dhobi ka Kutta!