The Love(s) of my Life

I was never one to believe in the phrase "absence makes the heart grow fonder," so I decided it's high time I haul myself to the Blog space before the readers move on to greener pastures. 
A lot has happened in the last 4 months as you can well imagine.

For starters we have a new addition to our family, the cutest bundle of joy, my itty bitty niece who turns 3 months old in 10 days. I spent the first 2 months of her life by her side trying to convince my sister to give her to me, of course it didn't work so now I feel bereft without her! What I did manage to do is insert a middle name of my choice, a way of enforcing my existence in her life. She is Nandana Malini Mukherjee and she has us all wrapped around her tiny little finger. 

Three others who need a mention on my blog are the three kitty boys my sister has, Calvin, Hobbes and Casper, those three own us- they are my sister's crown jewels and bundles of joy. This year was the first time I got to see them and I can confidently say that I now know the meaning of true love.

Moving on to the next big thing, we are moving from the extreme east of Germany to the Franco-German border in about a month, two chambers of my heart are heavy for having to leave the city I called home for the last four years whereas the other two, that belong to my french alter ego, are fluttering (as opposed to jumping, as I am sure the french don't jump) with joy. Tres bien, I say!

The other great love in my life right now Homeland.If you haven't watched it yet, do it right now! Apart from a a captivating, multi-faceted story line it has renewed my love for Jazz music. Sometimes I just want Claire Danes to shut up so I can hear the background music a little clearly. They have done a great job with it, the music forming such an integral part of the program giving a layered structure to the story and characters, especially Danes'. It is pure torture waiting for new episodes, it is like waiting for a call from a lover you know you will never get, yes I have got it that bad!

Ok have to rush now, got Lunch date with a friend, making the most in the time have left in Paradise City.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And when white moths were on the wing

Benimadhab Benimadhab

Dhobi ka Kutta!