Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. --- Lennon

It's been more than a month since I posted anything on my blog, mostly due to something I had to tend to urgently in Calcutta but also because I haven't felt particularly creative.
In the last one month I have realized that life hardly ever goes according to a plan, however big or small they are. When I was younger I never had any plans of my own so the only ones that came my way were the ones that the adults around me planned. I was always most interested in being included in my big sister's plans. Anything to do with her were the most exciting.
I don't remember much of the things that happened to me below the age of 12 but I remember that I always looked forward to movies or lunch/dinners with my sister and her friends and sometimes with family and if they were made long before they were supposed to happen I would check the calender secretly waiting for the day to arrive; strangest thing is that almost all of those times the plans had gotten cancelled causing me much distress and agony.
One of the most significant examples I can think of is the first time I was to fly to the US, my first foreign tour at the age of 15 and I had bragged about it to all my friends, on the day we were to fly we got the news that one sector of our tickets weren't confirmed so we had to change dates. I remember crying my heart and eyes out because to my immature mind it was a huge disappointment.
Years later, last month to be precise, I heard that an old friend who is also a professional dancer was touring Germany and I made plans to visit the nearest location of her programme to meet her as well as attend the show. We bought train tickets and made hotel bookings a month prior to her programme and waited eagerly. Then this emergency happened at home for which I had to fly out to Calcutta in a day's notice and in the midst of all the chaos I kept repeating to myself how life always follows a course of it's own that is beyond any human control.
But I also realized that my mind is still as immature as a 15 yr old's because I still felt like crying my heart and eyes out for not making it to my friend's programme.
For now I shall just wait eagerly for another opportunity of concurrence.

Comments

Dreamer said…
You know, the title of your post is one of my all time fav lyric from Lennon. I feel more people would understand that we could all be so much more stress free. And don't worry, how ever old we are we all do get upset when we things don't turn out as we expect them to.
Deepanjana said…
:) thanks for the assurance!

Popular posts from this blog

And when white moths were on the wing

Benimadhab Benimadhab

Dhobi ka Kutta!