Eat, Drink and Remarry

If the reader is one of my parents- stop right here!!!



Wine rejuvenates the part of your brain that is involved in the artistic capabilities, in my case blogging, of course, if it can be considered artistic in any way.


After two glasses of alcohol, usually, I can be quite embarrassing but the good thing is that the listeners never remind me of that fact, usually they are pretty drunk themselves as well.


I am quite sure you have noticed the missing or too much of punctuations by now, I am usually quite cautious about not letting you know 'bout my spelling mistakes… backspace, type, backspace, type, backspace… aaargh!!!


Most of the times, in one of these wine parties I am the sole woman in a group of 5 or 6 men, 1 being my husband, 1 a Russian, the others I am not too sure about… oh! I definitely fake French kiss one, oh you naughty minds---not that kind of French kiss but on both cheeks kind of French greeting kiss!!!


By now you must be wondering what this post is all about. Nothing really thoughtful, just about all the fun that married women can have.


I have heard a lot of married women (mostly married men) say that they do not have all that fun and frolic they used to have when they were single. Well, I beg to differ!!!


When single women meet potential men they are usually measuring them, their facial proportions, then their IQ and then their wallets, or in another order of importance. Oh! The latest trend is ‘sense of humour’. I recently heard Taylor Lautner (if you haven’t heard of him you were defnitely buried under a rock) say that he isn’t quite so funny so the girl he dates has to have the ability to make him laugh. Lastly, we are trying to figure out whether he is available, as in, whether he is dating, has a serious girlfriend or is married.


If he is single, well and good, if he isn’t then we have to look for means to make him--- single and needy!!!


Now, the fun part about being a married woman!! When we go to parties or gatherings we aren’t judging all the men we meet. If he happens to flirt with us- we do not think about his wallet, if he gets us a drink-we are rest assured that he isn’t trying to get us into bed and if we really really like him we do not even have to think about the means of getting him single and needy--- he is working out all the ways to do it himself!


If you think you are not worth all that effort--- no worries, you are already married!!!


You have to give me some credit for writing this one--- all this even before I completed reading Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell, by the way it is highly recommended and very different from the HBO series!



Comments

Kuntala said…
are are, purono lok, notun look. daruN hoyechhe Raka. I cannot pass expert's judgement on your observations, but had fun reading it......
Deepanjana said…
Those are not really observations, I just made it up. Have fun reading it and my mission is accomplished!! :-)
Sambrita Basu said…
Totally resound your feelings!! Its so much fun being married and still being an object of flirtation! :)

Popular posts from this blog

And when white moths were on the wing

Benimadhab Benimadhab

Dhobi ka Kutta!