It's just useless banter- I was missing blogging!

I have to say I am quite frustrated with the grocery stores in Dresden. I have not found any green chillies and coriander leaves for 3 weeks now. Because of that I had to improvise on my simple fish curry and to my surprise it turned out really awesome. It's basically a cross between kalia and jeerer jhol.



Here's what I did.

I lightly dusted the fish pieces with turmeric and salt and kept aside for a while. Cut 2 medium potatoes, long and thick, then fried till lightly browned on all sides. Then I fried the fish pieces.

In the same oil I put some kalo jeera/kalonji/onion seeds, after the tempering I added 1 medium onion finely chopped. I put two pinches of turmeric powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, 2 tsps cumin pwder and 1 tsp coriander powder after the onion was well browned. At this stage I added a fine paste made out of 1 large tomato and 4 dry red chillies/shukhno lonka. Add salt. Fry it till you see little bits of oil oozing out unless, of course, you are not so health conscious and can actually see the oil separate!

The tomato and red chilli paste was really the main thing... it made the curry tangy,red and hot and added a really nice flavour. So then I added the potatoes and let it simmer till the potatoes were done. Lastly I added the fish and let it simmer on high for 5 mins before turning the heat off!

Off to Zurich next week and the following week to Kolkata. I am soooo sick and tired of this horrible, dark and gloomy weather that I am quite certain we have turned mildewed, and desperately need the scorching Indosun!

I shall have quite a bit to write about from India: one of my closest friends had a daughter a month back, my in-laws are moving to a brand new home, my mom's back in India for good after 7.5 years... yeah so quite a lot of excitement and lots of incidents that will be recorded just so they can be shared here! Stick around guys, you won't be disappointed!

Comments

Kuntala said…
baasre Raka, tomar to next kodin-e bore howar time nei. good good. machher jhol looks superb.

Popular posts from this blog

And when white moths were on the wing

Benimadhab Benimadhab

Dhobi ka Kutta!