Stories of my Coming Back

I have often heard that one should not take anyone for granted. But, it is often the case that we do, especially the ones closest to us. We feel that our loved ones understand us and that they would wait for us to return to them. Such a fate has befallen me and my blogging space.
Do not think for a moment that I do not care, I have enquired of it's health and well-being from time to time; I fell into a lazy routine where stopping for a longer conversation was too much work. 
I will not lie, I wouldn't say that the thought of severing all ties hadn't occurred to me, but I stopped myself the moment I thought about all the memories I had collected, my myriad states of mind etched onto this space, the thought of losing it all with a click of a button jolted me out of those dark thoughts. I realized that this blog is like my Pensieve. 
So, I am back to my virtual witter space, thought I will dust it, remove the cobwebs and gather it up like a baby close to my heart and have a little cry.
Now, to some actual updates. Master's Degree has been received and enough driving classes have been taken that I would easily get an Indian license right away - but not enough for Germany. At almost 31 years of age,  I am searching for a real job for the first time in my life. Life is not as miserable as I want it to be - oh how one craves the romance of a miserable life!
There were times in my life, including my childhood, when I found a lot of joy in cooking. I have always been very fond of eating well, but the joy of cooking had left me in recent times. I am glad to say that I have found it again. 
To say that I find the grocery stores here uninspiring is an understatement. Finding ingredients to try new recipes, to not get simple things like boneless chicken thighs just depress me. However, a month back I discovered a website called Marley Spoon, who deliver ingredients and recipes to your doorstep. Exotic recipes that you would be afraid to try on your own trying to gather all the ingredients, buying a whole bottle of something that will never be used again, the idea of waste looming large - all these things have been solved by Marley Spoon and other start ups around the world providing similar services. You will not have any excuse to not try cooking something unknown anymore. Over the last three weeks I have made Italian, Middle Eastern, Asian and Mexican dishes, which turned out delicious and you are cooking with fresh produce, locally sourced meat and fish, some of the things organically grown and produced, spices that you have never cooked with before like Sumac, Bahrat, and take this Panch Phoron was also included in one of the recipes involving Masoor Dal (Red lentils)
I go back to the kitchen now, excited to see what the outcome will be, whether I will enjoy eating it and be able to replicate the dish as close to the finished product on the recipe cards. I take numerous photos and send them to my family every other evening to show off a little. So, I thought I might as well document my kitchen escapades on my forever neglected blog space. 




Comments

Samraghni said…
Welcome back! This is amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

And when white moths were on the wing

Benimadhab Benimadhab

Dhobi ka Kutta!