'La Dolce Vita'

Disclaimer: nothing to do with Federico Fellini or Mastroianni!


Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love, the you you love, well, that's just fabulous. - Carrie Bradshaw- An American Girl in Paris: Part Deux! (Sex and the City)

I have never known what I wanted out of life except that I wanted it to be easy. Now that certainly isn't something that happens; easier than others' can happen but never really easy!
I always have an answer for the things I do not want to do but it's been quite difficult coming up with a list of all the wants. So I have a question, how does one go on a journey of self discovery?
Do you literally GO on a journey or do you just go through life and at the end of it you shall have all your answers? Well I don't want to wait till the end and I want to get out of my confusion but somehow the confusion feels refreshingly liberating. It springs on my mind the endless possibilties of life.

I know I can't do some things, yet some that I can and then there so many things that I haven't even tried. I should seize the opportunity, but what are the shackles that bind my mind? I can only think of Dido in this moment of self discovery...

"While I am so afraid to fail so I won't even try
Well how can I say I'm alive
if my life is for rent and I don't learn to buy
Well I deserve nothing more than I get
Cos nothing I have is truly mine"

Comments

Dreamer said…
Dido has a very soothing voice and I too love that particular song! "but what are the shackles that bind my mind?" - empathize with you a lot. Here's another one of my fav lyrics, by John Lennon which I think says a lot in a few words - "Life is what happens to you when you are are busy making other plans". Most liberating, isn't it?

Popular posts from this blog

And when white moths were on the wing

Benimadhab Benimadhab

Dhobi ka Kutta!