Just Ramblings!


It's been a pleasant week the last one.. got over with my A1.1 level of my german course and got a certificate as well, Anirban took me out for dinner in the weekend to a nice South African restaurant "capetown's" and I had a damn good alcohol loaded cocktail that made my evening!! Since my India trip in october I havent had a carefree casual evening out like this one... it was rejuvenating and I have my spirits high again.
I have been watching some 1940s and 50s classics and I must say its been a while since simple but interesting movies have been made. This kind of humour, thrills or romance have been missing in almost all the movies of this era. Now every movie must have innumerable number of twists and psychotic behaviours to make a thriller or cheap thrills and baked faces for the horror genres and loads of flimsy clothing, heaving cleavages and salivating "heroes" as Romance! Let me remind you dear directors, that a quiet backdrop and shadow play is scarier than blood and guts and just a look of longing is 'sexier' than nudity! Unfortunately I was too drawn into these movies myself till recently... simplicity of a character gives it the complexity and dimension to an audience.. no one has to keep adding to the things he/she must do!
Some of the movies I recommend: The Ghost and Mrs Muir, Laura, People Will Talk, A Letter to Three Wives, and of course watch all the Hitchcock movies...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And when white moths were on the wing

Benimadhab Benimadhab

Dhobi ka Kutta!