Slumdog Millionaire

I had written a post on Slumdog Millionaire a couple of weeks ago... criticizing the movie and the unnecessary politics behind its hype. I deleted it because I have changed my mind. I still maintain my stand for the fact that dev patel and Anil kapoor were totally worthless in the film! And there were a number of loop holes in the screen play. But over all the movie is interesting and it does touch up on real issues that we tend to get defensive about when the colonial gaze hovers over us (still)... Atleast if this can make the people of India conscious enough to do something, anything about it.. the movie is well worth it! As for Danny Boyle I dont like him still!

Comments

This comment has been removed by the author.
Deepanjana said…
dude! did u really have a point to make? u seem to have said almost the same things as I did? except the bit about the loose ends were tied!! and the whole world does not have sight on indian poverty as an issue rather than as an appalling entertainment!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

And when white moths were on the wing

Benimadhab Benimadhab

Dhobi ka Kutta!